Articles by Jenny E. Ross, Life On Thin Ice® Project Director, Principal Photographer and Writer:
- Why the Disappearance of Arctic Sea Ice Matters (Note: This file is 27MB, and may take a while to load.)
- Plight of the Polar Bear (2MB)
Online Resources for Information About the Arctic and Climate Change:
Many useful sources of clear and scientifically accurate information about the Arctic and climate change are available online. The following list of resources is not intended to be comprehensive.
- State of the Climate in 2015 - Science-based assessment of the current status of the climate, presented in an August 2016 special supplement to the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.
- Climate Central - An independent organization of leading scientists and journalists researching and reporting the facts about climate change and its impacts.
- Real Climate – Information about climate science presented by climate scientists.
- Skeptical Science – Explanation of climate change science issues, and rebuttal of myths and misinformation.
- Climate Communication – Easy-to-understand science-based answers to common questions about climate change.
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research - FAQ – Easy-to-understand science-based answers to common questions about climate change.
- U.S. National Center for Atmospheric Research
Arctic Science Issues:
- Arctic Report Card – A scientifically-based analysis of various crucial issues affecting the Arctic produced annually by the U.S. National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
- Arctic Sea Ice News & Analysis – Current and archived information about Arctic sea ice from the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center.
- Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Program and CAFF
- Arctic Research Consortium of the United States
- Arctic Journal – Archive of articles from the scientific journal Arctic, published by the Arctic Institute of North America.
- IUCN/SSC Polar Bear Specialist Group
News & Blogs – Science News and Fact-Based Commentary related to Climate Change and the Arctic:
- Arctic Sea Ice Blog – News analysis and commentary regarding the status of Arctic sea ice.
- Climate Central – Independent, non-profit journalism and research organization devoted to presenting news and analysis focused on helping the general public understand climate change issues.
- Climate Progress – News, analysis and commentary regarding climate science and policy issues.
- Eye on the Arctic – Journalism and commentary about people and places throughout the circumpolar Arctic and the climate-related issues affecting them.
- Weather Underground Blog – News and science-based analysis of weather and climate issues.
Various Arctic Issues: